How to Get A Medical Card in Stephens, AR
Stephens – Medical marijuana cards in Arkansas are state issued identification MedCards that enable qualified patients that have a doctor recommendation to purchase THC & CBD Medicines from a registered dispensary. Issue 6 became effective on November 9, 2016, allowing cannabis for medical use throughout the state, although the Department of Health has been sluggish to develop the rules and the implementation of the AR med marijuana program. Below is a general guide on How To Get A Medical Marijuana Card in Stephens:
As a resident of the state, the process to get a medical marijuana card in Stephens is a follows:
Step 1 – A Patient may be entered into the Arkansas Department of Health Registry if they first:
- Are diagnosed with a qualifying medical condition. See the full list of conditions that qualify below.
- The Diagnosing Physician completes a Physician Written Certification
Step 2 – The Patient goes online http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programs-services/topics/id-card-apply-online and applies for the card by following the steps below:
- You will need a Physician Written Certification, Arkansas-issued ID or driver’s license, required fees and an email address.
- You will need to create an account in our AMMSys online system. Click on Apply to Be a Patient. Then Click on Register as a new user.
- Enter a valid email address and create a password for the system that you can remember.
- You should receive a “Confirm Your Account” e-mail. If you can’t locate the email, look for it in your SPAM or TRASH. Once you’ve confirmed, you may start your application.
How to Start The Arkansas MedCard Application:
- Log-in to your account by typing in your email address and your password.
Fill Out The Application:
- Complete ALL required information. Your name and address must match what is on your Arkansas-issued ID or driver’s license and Physician written certification.
- You will need to upload a copy of your official Physician Written Certification form (signed by your physician) and your Arkansas-issued ID or driver’s license. You can do this one of two ways:
- Scan the document(s) to your computer
- Take a clear picture of your document(s) with your phone or camera
- Click the upload button on the medical marijuana card application.
- A window will pop up. Click on Choose File and then select the file on your computer that you named and click Start Upload.
- If you are not able to upload your forms, you have the option to mail them in to complete the application.
Finishing The Application and Pay:
- Sign your application for an Arkansas medical ID card using your mouse or finger.
- When you’re all set, click the Submit button. You’re finished!
- When you submit payment the application information is submitted and the review process starts.
AR Marijuana FAQ
Other Important Information about Med Marijuana Cards in Stephens
1. How Much does an Arkansas Medical Cannabis Card Cost from the state?
2. How Long Is a Arkansas Marijuana Card Good?
3. If my MMJ card is lost, stolen or damaged what do I do and is there a fee to replace the card?
If the application was submitted online, you may print a replacement card. Simply return to the AMMsys account and reprint your card. Once a replacement card is issued the old card is no longer valid. There is a Registry Change Form available here for requesting a change or a replacement card. If you applied with a paper application, please complete the change form and mail to the office.
4. Can I alter or laminate my card?
You may laminate your card, so long as the security features are still visible. You may not alter it in any other way.
5. If my Arkansas MedCard expires, how do I renew and what happens?
When your card expires, the legal protection offered by the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Act is expired. You may submit your renewal application online.
6. Where can I find a medical marijuana doctor near Stephens?
Any Arkansas Doctor can certify if they meet the following requirements: The medical provider must be a doctor of medicine or osteopathy licensed in the state of Arkansas, have a controlled substances license on file with the DEA, be in good standing to practice medicine in Arkansas, and have a bona fide physician-patient relationship with the patient they are certifying for medical cannabis. A good place to look is on Arkansas Dispensaries & Doctors, fill out the registration form or check the doctors map on our site.
7. Is there a published list of marijuana doctors in Stephens?
No, check for participating doctor locations on the map.
Qualifying Conditions for Cannabis in Stephens
What are debilitating conditions that qualify patients to receive medical marijuana in Stephens, Arkansas?Debilitating Conditions List:
- Positive status for human immunodeficiency virus/ acquired immune deficiency syndrome
- Hepatitis C
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Tourette’s syndrome
- Crohn’s disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Severe arthritis
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Intractable pain which is pain that has not responded to ordinary medications, treatment or surgical measures for more than six (6) months
- Severe nausea
- Seizures including without limitation those characteristic of epilepsy
- Severe and persistent muscle spasms including without limitation those characteristic of multiple sclerosis
- Any other medical condition or its treatment approved by the Department of Health
Get Certified in Stephens for Medical Cannabis
Need a Medical Card? Let us help by starting here.
For potential medical marijuana patients near Stephens, we are now offering the service that makes it easy to connect with a recommending doctor near you. You will also receive updates & news relative to medical marijuana in general. If you are interested please fill out the MMJ patient registration form and a clinic representative will contact you as available. Legal Residents Only.
AR Medical Marijuana Registration Form
General questions we receive regarding CBD, THC, Laws, Travel & Med Cannabis in general:What is the difference between CBD & THC?
- Psychoactive Vs. Non-Psychoactive. THC creates a euphoric effect due to the way it connects to the bodies endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system has been recently recognized as an important modulatory system in the function of brain, endocrine, and immune tissues. Cannabidiol, or CBD reacts differently and is used with patients that require or prefer non euphoric care.
How much medical marijuana flower can I possess if a legal patient?
- Arkansas Cannabis Patients will be able to possess up to 2.5 Ounces of usable marijuana under Issue 6. These will be Indica, Sativa, and Hybrids.
What are the usable forms of MMJ in Arkansas?
- Dried Herb, Bud or Flower
- THC & CBD Oils
- Wax or Dabs
Will CBD, Hemp, or cannabidiol oil make me high?
I see CBD Oils, Edibles, Topicals, & Gummies for sale online, in commercials and signs at different specialty shops around town. We even heard 7-11 was going to carry CBD now. Is this CBD Oil & other products legal in Stephens?
- Hemp CBD oil which is derived from the hemp plant is legal throughout the United States, however to obtain cannabis derived low-THC high-CBD Medicines for medical use, you will need to receive a recommendation from a qualified physician. The hemp based cannabidiol lifestyle is becoming a growing trend among working professionals, baby boomers & active seniors.
Can I take medical cannabis based CBD products only without THC to a Different State?
- Medical marijuana patients may face federal and local charges of transporting marijuana if they cross state lines with the drug. This is true even if the states between which they are traveling allow medical marijuana. Should you need to travel with your marijuana it would be best to contact the state’s Bureau of health to understand the exact laws of the state you are traveling to in order to not risk breaking the law.
Is CBD for Pets really a thing?
- Yes, CBD for Dogs, CBD for Cats, and CBD for pets in general is becoming a popular treatment for caring for pets that have arthritis, chronic pain and other ailments. The efficacy and safety of CBD for dogs, cats, and other pets have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The FDA only evaluates foods and drugs, not supplements like these products.
Where can I get CBD for pets?
- You can find CBD for pets online, at some pet stores, and at holistic shops.
- Buy CBD for pets online.
Are THC Infused edibles allowed in Stephens, AR?
- Yes, marijuana edibles are legal to qualified patients in Stephens.
Can I Smoke Weed Once Qualified?
- Yes. Marijuana for medical use in Stephens can be smoked or vaped.
I Recently Read An Article That Recreational Weed Was Legal In AR, Is This True?
- No. Recreational Marijuana and Recreational Dispensaries Are NOT LEGAL in Stephens, or anywhere in the state – The Article was Fake News.
How Much Should I consume?
- We are not doctors or give out medical advise. You should always consult with a licensed Arkansas medical marijuana doctor before using medical marijuana in any forms.