How to Get A Medical Card in Lone Pine, CA
Who Can Use Medical Marijuana in California?
California law has several requirements for patients to be eligible to receive low-THC cannabis or medical cannabis. Since recreational weed is legal in CA, the program is voluntary and for the patients provides for tax free medical marijuana. This is a huge price difference compared to paying for recreational.
- A patient must have been diagnosed with a qualifying condition as stated above.
- A patient must be a California resident.
- If under the age of 18, a patient must have a certified caregiver.
- The physician that certifies in writing must determine the risks of using low-THC cannabis or medical cannabis are reasonable in light of the benefit to the patient.
- A patient must be registered with the Medical Marijuana Program and have received their registry ID card.
Qualified patients must be entered into the California Medical Marijuana Identification Card Program (MMICP). As a resident of the state, the process on how to get a medical marijuana card in Lone Pine is as follows:
STEP 1 – Doctors Appointment
- You, the Patient, are diagnosed with an approved qualifying medical condition by a doctor or physician that is a licensed MD or DO in California. The doctor must determine that medical cannabis is an appropriate treatment.
STEP 2 – Get Certified
- Your Doctor certifies in writing that cannabis may ease your symptoms and that the potential benefits of using marijuana would likely outweigh the health risks.
STEP 3 – Apply For Your Card
- You can obtain your MMIC only at your Local County Public Health Department and not through your physician or an evaluation center. Visit the county offices and contact information page to find your Local County Public Health Department.
Complete Guide To Marijuana Cards in California
Check out our complete guide for California Med marijuana including MedCard Q&A, general FAQ’s about CA cannabis including the laws, recreational, CBD, travel, pricing & doctors.
Qualifying Conditions For MMJ in Lone Pine
What are the Qualifying Debilitating Conditions Required to Receive Medical Marijuana in CA?
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
- Chronic pain
- Persistent muscle spasms, including, but not limited to, spasms associated with multiple sclerosis
- Seizures, including, but not limited to, seizures associated with epilepsy
- Severe nausea
- Any other chronic or persistent medical symptom that either:
- Substantially limits the ability of the person to conduct one or more major life activities as defined in the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- If not alleviated, may cause serious harm to the patient’s safety or physical or mental health.
Get Certified for Medical Marijuana in Lone Pine, CA
Interested in Medical Marijuana? Let us help by starting here.
For people interested in medical marijuana, we are now offering the service that makes it easy find a recommending doctor near you when they become active. You will also receive updates & news relative to medical marijuana in general. If you are interested please fill out the MMJ registration form below. Legal Residents Only.
CBD Q&A – Lone Pine
Frequently asked questions about Cannabidiol, CBD Oils, & Edibles:
What is the difference between CBD & THC?
- Psychoactive Vs. Non-Psychoactive. THC creates a euphoric effect due to the way it connects to the bodies endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system has been recently recognized as an important modulatory system in the function of brain, endocrine, and immune tissues. Cannabidiol, or CBD reacts differently and is used with patients that require or prefer non euphoric care.
I see CBD Oils, Edibles, Topicals, & Gummies for sale online, in commercials and signs at specialty shops around town, is CBD legal in California?
- Hemp CBD oil which is derived from the hemp plant is legal throughout the United States. That is what is being advertised and sold in stores and online. More & more people are embracing the cannabidiol lifestyle choice and as a dietary supplement. You need a med card to legally get the cannabis derived low-THC high-CBD medicines from a local dispensary.
Will CBD products or Hemp Oil get me high?
- No. CBD is a product that has no THC if derived from hemp and very little if derived from cannabis and properly manufactured. THC is the chemical compound that creates the “high”. CBD products are available for patients that have a need for non-euphoric treatment.
CBD for Pets, really?
- Yes, CBD for Dogs, CBD for Cats, and CBD for pets in general is becoming a popular treatment for caring for pets that have arthritis, chronic pain and other ailments. The efficacy and safety of CBD for dogs, cats, and other pets have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The FDA only evaluates foods and drugs, not supplements like these products.
Where can I get CBD for pets?
- You can find CBD for pets online, at some pet stores, and at holistic shops.
- Buy CBD for pets online.
How Much Should I consume?
- We are not doctors and do not give medical advise. Please consult with an doctor before using.
Please check out our complete guide for California marijuana including MedCard Q&A, general FAQ’s about CA cannabis including the laws, recreational, CBD, travel, pricing & doctors.