Home » MedCard » Get a Marijuana Card in Georgia | A Step-by-Step Guide »
How to get a med marijuana card in Guyton, GA
A Georgia marijuana card, or MedCard in Guyton enable qualified patients to purchase low-THC high-CBD medicines. Georgia law has several requirements for patients to be eligible to receive low-THC cannabis. Below details the steps on how to get a medical marijuana card in Guyton.
To get a marijuana card in Guyton, you must first get approved by a certifying MMJ doctor. Medical marijuana certifications can be done online using telemedicine without having to leave the house. No travel or in person doctor office visit necessary. It doesn’t get any more germ free than this, which is why it’s doctor and patient preferred.
If you’re ready, simply fill out the MMJ patient registration form and press submit. Your on your way to a medcard telemedicine appointment with a certifying doctor online. You will receive a follow up email with the details as well. See if you qualify today!
MMJ Patient Registration Form
GA Qualifying Conditions List
Current medical conditions that qualify patients in Guyton for Low THC High CBD:
Autism Spectrum Disorder
Sickle Cell Anemia
The patient is in a hospice program, either as inpatient or outpatient
Guyton Marijuana Card Q&A
How much does a marijuana card cost from the state?
- $25 – The fee for a Low THC Registry Card is $25 per new card, which is the standard fee used by the Office of Vital Records.
- You will be asked to pay for your card when you pick it up from the closest of the 20 Public Health Offices approved to distribute them.
How much does it cost to visit a marijuana MedCard doctor online?
- The cost for a medical marijuana card is $200 for the year, only paid if approved by the doctor.
- There is no charge if you do not qualify.
How long is it good prior to having to renew?
- The GA MMJ Card is valid for 2 Years
Who can qualify for a marijuana card cost from the state?
- There are three categories of persons who may apply for a med card in GA
- A Patient may be entered into the Georgia Department of Health Low THC Registry if:
- An adult who has one or more of the diseases specified in the law, and who has been a resident of Georgia for at least one year;
- Legal guardians of an adult who has one of the diseases specified in the law, and who has been a resident of Georgia for at least one year; and
- Parents or legal guardians of a minor child who has one or more of the diseases specified in the law, and has been a resident for at least one year or was born in Georgia and is under one year of age.
Where can I buy Low THC marijuana in Guyton?
- Our dispensaries near me map is a good place to start. There’s also Georgia Dispensaries, the states original resource for the regulated cannabis industry in GA.
Once I have my medcard, can I grow weed at home?
- No, home grow is not allowed.
Can I get fired for having legal THC in my system?
- The Georgia program is currently High CBD, Low THC, so this should not apply.
- Other southern states such as Florida, Texas and Louisiana have healthy MMJ programs. Mississippi is becoming active now as well.
- Medical Marijuana and Employee Rights
CBD, is hemp CBD in Guyton legal, and where can I buy it online
- Yes, for more details regarding CBD, please check out the Complete Guide to CBD in Georgia
- Where to find the best CBD products online?
How Much Should I consume?
- We are not doctors and do not give medical advice. Please consult with an qualified medical marijuana card doctor near you in Guyton or online before using.
If you have any further questions or want to learn more, please refer to the Complete Georgia Guide to Medical Marijuana.