How to Get A Medical Card in Suwanee, GA
Suwanee – Marijuana cards in Georgia for the use of low-THC high-CBD cannabis are state issued identification cards that enable qualified patients that have a doctor recommendation to purchase low-THC high-CBD Medicines from a registered dispensary. Georgia law has several requirements for patients to be eligible to receive low-THC cannabis. Below is a guide for How To Get A Medical Marijuana Card in Suwanee:
There are three categories of persons who may apply for a med card in GA. A Patient may be entered into the Georgia Department of Health Low THC Registry if:
- An adult who has one or more of the diseases specified in the law, and who has been a resident of Georgia for at least one year;
- Legal guardians of an adult who has one of the diseases specified in the law, and who has been a resident of Georgia for at least one year; and
- Parents or legal guardians of a minor child who has one or more of the diseases specified in the law, and has been a resident for at least one year or was born in Georgia and is under one year of age.
- The patient is diagnosed with a qualifying condition.
- The physician will electronically submit the patients information to the Georgia Department of Public Health, which will review the information and create a Low THC Oil Registry Card for qualified applicants.
- Click here for the in depth, complete guide that covers all the details, Q&A, additional debilitating conditions that have qualified patients, and frequently asked questions regarding How To Get a Georgia Marijuana Card Guidelines.
Suwanee Med Marijuana FAQ’s
1. How much does a medical cannabis card costs in the ATL?
$25 – The fee for a Low THC Registry Card is $25 per new card, which is the standard fee used by the Office of Vital Records. You will be asked to pay for your card when you pick it up from the closest of the 20 Public Health Offices approved to distribute them.
2. How Long Is a Georgia Marijuana Card Good For?
The GA MMJ Card is valid for 2 Years
3. How to Find a Medical Marijuana Doctor in Suwanee?
Finding a nearby doctor in Suwanee that recommends medical marijuana that you feel comfortable with is very important. Any doctor licensed to practice medicine in the state of Georgia may submit the certification to the registry for the qualified patient so long as a doctor – patient relationship has been established. As they become available they will be found on the map on our doctors page by clicking here.
Qualifying Conditions for Med Marijuana in Suwanee
The law lists debilitating conditions which qualify in Suwanee for the Low THC Oil Registry
- Cancer, when such diagnosis is end stage or the treatment produces related wasting illness or recalcitrant nausea and vomiting
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, when such diagnosis is severe or end stage
- Seizure disorders related to diagnosis of epilepsy or trauma related head injuries
- Multiple sclerosis, when such diagnosis is severe or end stage
- Crohn’s disease
- Mitochondrial disease
- Parkinson’s disease, when such diagnosis is sever or end stage
- Sickle cell disease, when such diagnosis is severe or end stage
- Tourette’s syndrome, when such syndrome is diagnosed as severe
- Autism spectrum disorder, when (a) patient is 18 years of age or more, or (b) patient is less than 18 years of age and diagnosed with severe autism
- Epidermolysis bullosa
- Alzheimer’s disease, when such disease is severe or end stage
- AIDS when such syndrome is severe or end stage
- Peripheral neuropathy, when symptoms are severe or end stage
- Additionally, anyone in a hospice program, regardless of diagnosis, will be allowed access to marijuana oil that’s low on THC, the chemical responsible for the marijuana high.
Get Certified in Suwanee for Medical Cannabis
Need a Medical Card? Let us help by starting here.
For potential medical marijuana patients near Suwanee, we are now offering the service that makes it easy to connect with a recommending doctor near you. You will also receive updates & news relative to medical marijuana in general. If you are interested please fill out the MMJ patient registration form and a clinic representative will contact you as available. Legal Residents Only.
GA Medical Marijuana Registration Form
General questions we receive regarding CBD, THC & Med Cannabis:Will CBD, Hemp, or cannabidiol oil make me high?
What is the difference between CBD & THC?
- Psychoactive Vs. Non-Psychoactive. THC creates a euphoric effect due to the way it connects to the bodies endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system has been recently recognized as an important modulatory system in the function of brain, endocrine, and immune tissues. Cannabidiol, or CBD reacts differently and is used with patients that require or prefer non euphoric care.
I see CBD Oils, Edibles, Topicals, & Gummies for sale online, in commercials and signs at head shops around town, is this CBD Oil legal in Suwanee?
- Hemp CBD oil which is derived from the hemp plant is legal throughout the United States, however to obtain cannabis derived low-THC high-CBD Medicines for medical use, you will need to receive a recommendation from a qualified physician.
Is CBD for Pets really a thing?
- Yes, CBD for Dogs, CBD for Cats, and CBD for pets in general is becoming a popular treatment for caring for pets that have arthritis, chronic pain and other ailments. The efficacy and safety of CBD for dogs, cats, and other pets have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The FDA only evaluates foods and drugs, not supplements like these products.
Where can I get CBD for pets?
- You can find CBD for pets, at some pet stores, retail and at holistic shops.
- Buy CBD for pets online.
Are THC Infused edibles allowed in Suwanee, GA?
- Marijuana edibles are not legal in Georgia.
Can I take medical cannabis CBD products only without THC to a Different State?
- Medical marijuana patients may face federal and local charges of transporting marijuana if they cross state lines with the drug. This is true even if the states between which they are traveling allow medical marijuana. Should you need to travel with your marijuana it would be best to contact the state’s Bureau of health to understand the exact laws of the state you are traveling to in order to not risk breaking the law.
I Recently Read An Article That Recreational Weed Was Legal In Suwanee, Is This True?
- No. Recreational Marijuana and Recreational Dispensaries Are NOT LEGAL in Suwanee, or anywhere in the state – The Article was Fake News.