How to Get a Med Marijuana Card in Jackson, MS
A Mississippi marijuana card, or MedCard gives qualified patients near Jackson the opportunity to buy medical grade cannabis products when dispensaries open in the state. Initiative 65 requires the Department of Health to create rules and regulations for the medical marijuana program by July 1, 2021. Below are the available the steps on how to get a medical marijuana card in Jackson.
To get your medcard, you must first get approved by a certifying MMJ doctor. For potential medical marijuana patients in Jackson, we make it easy to connect with a recommending marijuana doctor as they become active. You will also receive updates & news related to the MS Marijuana Program in general. If you’re ready, simply fill out the MMJ patient registration form and press submit. A clinic representative will contact you as available. Legal Residents Only Please.
MedCard Registration Form
MS Qualifying Conditions List
Below is the list of medical conditions that qualify patients in Jackson for a medical cannabis. That best part, any “other chronic, debilitating or other medical condition” that may be alleviated by marijuana in the doctors opinion, such as Anxiety.
Jackson Marijuana Card FAQ
How Much Does a MS Medical Card Cost?
- To Be Determined
How much does a Marijuana Doctor visit in Jackson Cost?
- Average visits to recommending marijuana doctors in other states vary. Typically, between $150 – $225 for an initial visit & $100-$200 for follow up visits. If MedCard telemedicine is allowed when the rules are written, doctor consultations can be done online and the price to get a marijuana card in Jackson may be less.
How often do I have to see my doctor?
How long is a Marijuana Card good for?
- Medical cards in Jackson are valid for 1 year.
Once I have my Mississippi MMJ card, where can I buy marijuana?
- Medical marijuana is purchased at state licensed dispensaries. Many Southern states near Mississippi have active medical marijuana programs including Arkansas, Florida, Texas and Louisiana. When available, dispensaries near Jackson will be found on our near me map here.
- When cannabis stores open in the state, they will be found at Nationwide Dispensaries.
If I have my medical marijuana card, can I grow my own weed?
Where can I find a marijuana doctor near me?
- When they are available the best place to start is on our MedCard doctors map.
Can I get fired for using legally medical marijuana with THC?
What is the difference between CBD & THC?
- Psychoactive Vs. Non-Psychoactive. THC creates a euphoric effect due to the way it connects to the bodies endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system has been recently recognized as an important modulatory system in the function of brain, endocrine, and immune tissues. Cannabidiol, or CBD reacts differently and is used with patients that require or prefer non euphoric care.
Where can I get CBD products in the meantime?
- Shop online at the CBDbay.
How Much Should I consume?
- Consult with an qualified physician before using.
If you have any further questions after reading this check out the full MS MedCard Guide.