How To Get or Renew a Medical Marijuana Card in Wyoming, OH
Medical marijuana in Wyoming is legal in Ohio, under House Bill 523, effective on September 8, 2016. A medical marijuana card is issued by the state and gives patients access to buy medical cannabis legally. Ohio marijuana patients are 1st approved by a qualified MMJ doctor, either online using telemedicine, or in person, and receive their OH medcards.
After getting certified for med cannabis, patients can go to an Ohio dispensary nearby and purchase a wide variety of cannabis-based THC and CBD products for treatment. This guide will walk you through the steps and answer questions that have come up about how to get a medical marijuana card in Wyoming.
Potential MMJ patients must have a debilitating medical condition found the state’s list of qualifying conditions.
The process to get a medical marijuana card in Wyoming is as follows:
STEP 1 – Find a Medical Marijuana Doctor near Wyoming
- Locate and contact a certified medical marijuana doctor that will speak with you in regard to getting your med marijuana card.
- Schedule an appointment online or in person.
- The doctor, physician assistant or advanced practice registered nurse must certify your condition.
- Recommendations for cannabis must come from and be submitted by an Ohio state-licensed and currently practicing physician.
STEP 2 – Complete Form
- The complete physician recommendation for medical marijuana must be submitted to the OHHM within 90 days of the diagnosis that states you have a qualify for marijuana in Ohio. The doctor’s office is responsible for filling out the complete registration form and they will submit it to the state for review.
- Pay the application fee to the state.
- Proof of residency is required & will be submitted at the same time as the physician’s recommendation form. Acceptable forms for proof of residency are:
- A valid Ohio driver’s license
- A valid Ohio identification card issued through the state’s Bureau of Motor Vehicles(BMV)
- A valid U.S. passport or passport card.
STEP 3 – Get Your MedCard
- If approved, you will be added to the OHMM Registry, and will receive your medical marijuana card. You can Login to the OHMM here.
- Congratulations! You are now officially registered with the program.
OH MMJ Registration Form
Using Telehealth Online to Get Or Renew Your MedCard Online
This is how to visit with a certifying medcard doctor near me from home!
Telehealth gives patients the opportunity to visit with a marijuana card doctor using your smart phone, tablet, or personal computer. Online medcard appointments help reduce the spread and exposure of patients to Coronavirus (COVID-19). Qualified patients can get legal THC and CBD medicine for the treatment of several qualifying conditions.
Virtual telehealth appointments for marijuana cards can be done from anywhere in the state online without having to leave the house. No travel, in person doctor office visit, or inconvenience. Your Ohio medical card will be issued by the state after the doctors approval. It doesn’t get any more germ free than that.
If you’re ready, simply fill out the MMJ patient registration form and press submit. You’re on your way to a marijuana doctor’s appointment online from the comfort of your living room or dining room table. You will receive an email with follow up details as well. See if you qualify today!
Wyoming Marijuana Card FAQ
- How Much Does a Medical ID Card Cost To Get From The State?
$50 annually for patients and $25 for caregivers.
- How much does a visit to a Marijuana Doctor in Wyoming Cost?
The Average Cost to visit a certifying doctor is around $200, some charge more. The average cost to renew is about $165. This service is typically a cash only option.
- Can You Pay Using a Credit Card?
- How Long Is My Marijuana Card Good For?
Your medical ID card will be valid from the date of issuance for 1 year and will expire on the last day of the month the card was issued. The OHHM will send notification to each patient 45 calendar days before the expiration date on the card.
- Does Ohio recognize medical cards issued in other states?
Currently, there is no reciprocity for out of state marijuana cards. The law does require that Ohio enter into reciprocity agreements with other states. If Ohio does enter into a medical card reciprocity agreement with another state, the information will be posted here.
- Once I have my Ohio MedCard, where can I buy marijuana?
- Where can I find a recommending medical marijuana doctor near me?
Find a doctor that certifies patients in Wyoming here on our near me map by clicking the link below or fill out the registration form above to get started.
- Once I have my OH MMJ card, can I grow my own marijuana?
- After getting certified, can I use Medical Marijuana Anywhere?
Ohio medical cannabis card holders must be responsible. It is important to remember that medical and recreational use is illegal on a Federal Level. Ohio medical marijuana card holders are advised to consume their medicine responsibly in the safety of their home or in a private residence.
- Where to find and shop for CBD products online?
- How Much Should I consume?
We are not doctors and do not give medical advise. Please consult with an licensed OH marijuana doctor before using.
Ohio Medical Marijuana Control Program
77 South High Street, 17th Floor
Columbus, OH 43215