Get A Medical Marijuana Card in Oklahoma – [2019 Handbook]
Congratulations Oklahoma! – Oklahoma State Question 788, the Medical Marijuana Legalization Initiative passed by a margin 57% in favor to 43% opposed on June 26th 2018.
Basic Overview: State Question 788 legalized marijuana, also known as cannabis, for medical purposes in Oklahoma. Obtaining a state-issued medical marijuana license will require a board-certified physician’s signature. Unlike most legal states with medical marijuana, under the law as passed by the voters, physicians can recommend medical marijuana for any condition the doctor sees fit for their patient. People with an Oklahoma marijuana card would be permitted to possess up to 3 ounces of marijuana on their person and 8 ounces of marijuana in their residence. Home cultivation of six mature plants and six seedlings is allowed, as is possession of up to one ounce of cannabis concentrates and 72 ounces of marijuana-infused edible products. Patients can also designate a caregiver to purchase or grow medicine for them. A 7 percent tax will be levied on marijuana sales, with revenue being allocated to administrative costs, education, along with drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Licenses will be required to operate dispensaries, commercial growing operations, and processing operations. Municipalities would be prohibited from restricting zoning laws to prevent cannabis dispensaries. The new law also adds some protection for medical cannabis patients that don’t go through the step of getting a state-issued medical card. Patients who are caught with 1.5 ounces or less of marijuana and can “state a medical condition” face a misdemeanor offense punishable by no more than a $400 fine.
Oklahoma Marijuana Card Q&A
Below are questions and answers regarding Med Cards in Oklahoma. This will guide you on how to get a medical marijuana card in OK:
How Much Does an Oklahoma Med Marijuana Card Cost To Get From The State?
- Licenses cost $100 and last two years. Recipients of Medicaid, Medicare, or SoonerCare would pay $20 for a license.
How much does a Recommending Marijuana Doctor in Oklahoma Cost?
- Typical costs to see a Doctor are approximately $200 – $300; please note this cost is generally not covered by insurance as Marijuana is still illegal under Federal Law.
How often do I have to see my doctor for a marijuana renewal?
- Every 2 years
Other Important Information on the OK Medical Marijuana License Process
How Long Is an OK Marijuana Card Good?
- 2 years
My Oklahoma Med Card has Expired. How to get a Renewal?
- http://omma.ok.gov/ – Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority
Once I have my Oklahoma MMJ card, where can I buy marijuana?
- The Oklahoma State Department of Health is required to establish rules for dispensaries. Our dispensary map is a good place to start when OK cannabis dispensaries open.
Once I have my OK MMJ card, can I grow my own marijuana?
Yes – the measure allows for you to Legally possess six (6) mature marijuana plants and Legally possess six (6) seedling plants
What do I need to do if I change my address or other information changes?
- To Be Determined
Where can I find a marijuana doctor near me in OK?
- Any doctor can recommend marijuana for treatment, however not all will. The MedCard doctors map will list participating doctors in Oklahoma.
Oklahoma Debilitating Conditions List – 2019
What are the Qualifying Debilitating Conditions Required to Receive Medical Marijuana in Oklahoma? It gets no better!
Under State Question 788, there would be no qualifying conditions, but a doctor would be required to sign according to “accepted standards a reasonable and prudent physician would follow when recommending or approving any medication.” Click here for a list of debilitating conditions that have qualified patients in other states.
Get Certified for Medical Cannabis In Oklahoma:
Need a Medical Marijuana Card? Let us help by Starting Here.
For potential medical marijuana patients in OK we now offer a service that makes it easy to connect with a recommending doctor. You will also receive news & updates related to medical marijuana in general. If you are interested fill out the MMJ patient registration form and a physician or clinic representative contact you as available. Legal Residents Only.
***OK Doctor & Physician Clinics Only***
Want to get started in the medical marijuana field? To have your clinic or doctors practice added to our nationwide network please fill out the registration form below.
Oklahoma Marijuana FAQ
Frequently asked questions about medical marijuana, CBD, edibles, laws, recreational weed, travel & more:
Can I Smoke Weed Once I Have my Oklahoma Med Card?
Can I Take My Medical Marijuana to a Different State?
- No. According to current laws patients who obtain a medical card should use medical marijuana in Oklahoma only. Medical marijuana patients may face federal and local charges of transporting marijuana if they cross state lines with the drug. This is true even if the states between which they are traveling allow medical marijuana. Should you need to travel with your marijuana it would be best to contact the state’s Bureau of health to understand the exact laws of the state you are traveling to in order to not risk breaking the law.
Who Can Use Medical Marijuana in Oklahoma?
- All applicants must be eighteen (18) years or older. A special exception will be granted to an applicant under the age of eighteen (18), however these applications must be signed by two (2) physicians and the applicant’s parent or legal guardian.
- All applications for a medical license must be signed by an Oklahoma Board certified physician. There are no qualifying conditions. A medical marijuana license must be recommended according to the accepted standards a reasonable and prudent physician would follow when recommending or approving any medication. No physician may be unduly stigmatized or harassed for signing a medical marijuana license application.
I see CBD Oils, gummies & other products for sale on commercials, the internet and signs at head shops around town, is this CBD Oil legal in Oklahoma?
- Hemp derived CBD oil is legal.
Will CBD, or cannabidiol oil get me high?
- No. CBD is a product that has no THC if derived from hemp and very little if derived from cannabis. THC is the chemical compound that creates the “high”. CBD products are available for patients that have a need for non-euphoric treatment.
Is CBD for Pets really a thing?
- Yes, CBD for Dogs, CBD for Cats, and CBD for pets in general is becoming a popular treatment for caring for pets that have arthritis, chronic pain and other ailments. The efficacy and safety of CBD for dogs, cats, and other pets have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The FDA only evaluates foods and drugs, not supplements like these products.
Where can I get CBD for pets?
- You can find CBD for pets some pet stores, retail and at holistic shops.
- Buy CBD for pets online.
Are THC Infused edibles allowed in Oklahoma?
- Yes, patients with a valid marijuana card can have up to 72 ounces of marijuana-infused edible products.
Can I use Medical Marijuana Anywhere?
- To Be Determined, however once legal similar to all states Oklahoma medical cannabis card holders have to be responsible. It is important to remember that when using in public, it may be assumed that you are using it for recreational use, which is illegal on a Federal Level. Once legal, Oklahoma medical marijuana card holders are advised to consume their medicine responsibly, in the safety of their home or in a private residence.
I Recently Read An Article That Recreational Weed Was Legal In Oklahoma, Is This True?
- No. Recreational Marijuana and Recreational Dispensary Locations are NOT LEGAL in Oklahoma – The Article was Fake News.
How Much Should I consume?
- We do not give medical advice. You should always consult with an Oklahoma certified physician that understands medical marijuana before using and that doctor will set the course of treatment.