Get a Med Marijuana Card in Oklahoma - Updated for 2021
Get Certified for Medical Cannabis Online From Home:
For potential OK medical marijuana patients we makes it easy to connect with a recommending med card doctor online. You will also receive updates & news relative to marijuana in Oklahoma. To get started simply fill out the patient registration form below and see if you qualify today. Legal Residents Only Please.
MMJ Patient Registration Form
Qualifying Conditions for Legal Medical Marijuana in Oklahoma
- It gets no better! Under State Question 788, there would be no qualifying conditions, but a doctor would be required to sign according to “accepted standards a reasonable and prudent physician would follow when recommending or approving any medication.”
Below are examples of Qualified Conditions in other states that may qualify patients in OK.
- Hepatitis C
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Tourette’s syndrome
- Crohn’s disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Severe arthritis
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Chronic pain
- Severe nausea
- Muscle spasms
- Multiple sclerosis
Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Legalization Basic Overview:
- State Question 788 legalized marijuana, also known as cannabis, for medical purposes in Oklahoma.
- Obtaining a state-issued medical marijuana license will require a board-certified physician’s signature.
- Unlike most legal states with medical marijuana, under the law as passed by the voters, physicians can recommend medical marijuana for any condition the doctor sees fit for their patient.
- Oklahoma allows for Telemedicine (you can visit the doctor via a video chat)
- People with an Oklahoma marijuana card would be permitted to possess up to 3 ounces of marijuana on their person and 8 ounces of marijuana in their residence.
- Home cultivation of six mature plants and six seedlings is allowed, as is possession of up to one ounce of cannabis concentrates and 72 ounces of marijuana-infused edible products.
- Patients can also designate a caregiver to purchase or grow medicine for them.
- A 7 percent tax will be levied on marijuana sales, with revenue being allocated to administrative costs, education, along with drug and alcohol rehabilitation.
- Licenses will be required to operate dispensaries, commercial growing operations, and processing operations.
- Municipalities would be prohibited from restricting zoning laws to prevent cannabis dispensaries.
- The new law also adds some protection for medical cannabis patients that don’t go through the step of getting a state-issued medical card. Patients who are caught with 1.5 ounces or less of marijuana and can “state a medical condition” face a misdemeanor offense punishable by no more than a $400 fine.
Q&A Other Important Information about Oklahoma Marijuana Cards
How Much Does an Oklahoma Med Marijuana Card Cost To Get From The State?
- Licenses cost $100 and last two years. Recipients of Medicaid, Medicare, or SoonerCare would pay $20 for a license.
How much does a Recommending Marijuana Doctor in Oklahoma Cost?
- Typical costs to see a Doctor are approximately $200 – $300; please note this cost is generally not covered by insurance as Marijuana is still illegal under Federal Law.
How often do I have to see my doctor for a marijuana renewal?
- Every 2 years
How Long Is an OK Marijuana Card Good?
- 2 years
My Oklahoma Med Card has Expired. How to get a Renewal?
- http://omma.ok.gov/ – Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority
Once I have my Oklahoma MMJ card, where can I buy marijuana?
- The Oklahoma State Department of Health is required to establish rules for dispensaries. Our dispensary map is a good place to start when OK cannabis dispensaries open.
- NatD | Oklahoma
Once I have my OK MMJ card, can I grow my own marijuana?
Yes, independent growing at home is allowed. The measure allows for you to Legally possess six (6) mature marijuana plants and Legally possess six (6) seedling plants
Where can I find a marijuana doctor near me in OK?
- Any doctor can recommend marijuana for treatment, however not all will.
- Complete the MedCard registration form above to get started.
OK Medical Marijuana FAQ's
Frequently asked questions we receive regarding OK medical marijuana.
Can I Smoke Weed Once I Have my Oklahoma Med Card?
Can I Take My Medical Marijuana to a Different State?
- No. According to current laws patients who obtain a medical card should use medical marijuana in Oklahoma only. Medical marijuana patients may face federal and local charges of transporting marijuana if they cross state lines with the drug. This is true even if the states between which they are traveling allow medical marijuana. Should you need to travel with your marijuana it would be best to contact the state’s Bureau of health to understand the exact laws of the state you are traveling to in order to not risk breaking the law.
Who Can Use Medical Marijuana in Oklahoma?
- All applicants must be eighteen (18) years or older. A special exception will be granted to an applicant under the age of eighteen (18), however these applications must be signed by two (2) physicians and the applicant’s parent or legal guardian.
- All applications for a medical license must be signed by an Oklahoma Board certified physician. There are no qualifying conditions. A medical marijuana license must be recommended according to the accepted standards a reasonable and prudent physician would follow when recommending or approving any medication. No physician may be unduly stigmatized or harassed for signing a medical marijuana license application.
What is the difference between CBD & THC?
- Psychoactive Vs. Non-Psychoactive. THC creates a euphoric effect due to the way it connects to the bodies endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system has been recently recognized as an important modulatory system in the function of brain, endocrine, and immune tissues. Cannabidiol, or CBD reacts differently and is used with patients that require or prefer non euphoric care.
Will CBD or Hemp oil get me high?
I see CBD Oils, Edibles, Creams, & Gummies for sale online, in commercials and signs at shops around town, is CBD Oil legal in Oklahoma?
- Hemp CBD oil which is derived from the hemp plant is legal throughout the United States. The cannabis derived low-THC high-CBD Medicines are only legal in states with an approved medical marijuana program.
Where can I get Hemp Based CBD products online?
Is CBD for Pets really a thing?
- Yes, CBD for Dogs, CBD for Cats, and CBD for pets in general is becoming a popular treatment for caring for pets that have arthritis, chronic pain and other ailments. The efficacy and safety of CBD for dogs, cats, and other pets have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The FDA only evaluates foods and drugs, not supplements like these products.
Where can I get CBD for pets?
- You can find CBD for pets some pet stores, retail and at holistic shops.
- Buy CBD for pets online.
I Recently Read An Article That Recreational Weed Was Legal In Oklahoma, Is This True?
- No. Recreational Marijuana and Recreational Dispensaries Are NOT LEGAL in Oklahoma – The Article was Fake News.
Are THC Infused edibles allowed in OK?
- Yes, patients with a valid marijuana card can have up to 72 ounces of marijuana-infused edible products.
What is the punishment for getting caught with weed in Mississippi?
- First offenders caught with less than 30 grams face a $250 fine as long as the offender provides proof of identity and a written promise to appear in court.
How Much Should I consume?
- We do not give medical advice. You should always consult with a licensed physician before using medical marijuana in any forms.