How to Get A Medical Marijuana Card in Laurens, SC
Laurens – A marijuana card, or MedCard is a state issued ID card. Currently there is not a clear course of action to legal medical cannabis in South Carolina. Several bills were shot down early in 2017 and it is believed that a bill will be brought to the floor sometime before 2018 comes to an end. If you would like to help the medical marijuana movement in SC, please contact your Elected Representatives and encourage them. Times are changing fast & public opinion means votes for our elected representatives.
Marijuana Card Q&A for Laurens, SC
How Much Does a SC MedCard Cost?
- To Be Determined
How much does a Recommending Marijuana Doctor in Laurens Cost?
- Average visits to recommending marijuana doctors in other states vary. Typically between $200-$300 for an initial visit & $100-$200 for follow up visits.
How often do I have to see my doctor?
- To Be Determined. Some states are annually, others are as often as 3 times per year.
How Long Is a South Carolina Marijuana Card Good?
- To Be Determined, however in most states medical cards are valid for 1 year.
Once I have my SC MMJ card, where can I buy marijuana?
- Medical marijuana is typically purchased at Medical Dispensaries. Several states now have recreational dispensaries as well. When available, Laurens dispensaries will be found here:
Once I have my medical card, can I grow my own marijuana?
- To Be Determined
Where can I find a marijuana doctor near me in Laurens.
- There currently are no marijuana doctors in S Carolina. When available, Laurens med marijuana doctors will be found here:
Qualifying Conditions in Laurens, SC
South Carolina Debilitating Conditions List:
What are the Qualifying Debilitating Conditions Required to Receive Medical Marijuana in SC?
- To Be Determined
Below are examples of Qualified Debilitating Conditions in other states that may qualify patients in SC when medical marijuana is approved.
- Parkinson’s disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome
- Moderate to severe chronic pain.
- Positive status for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Muscular dystrophy
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Chronic pancreatitis
- Spinal cord injury or disease
- Traumatic brain injury
Get Certified in Laurens for Medical Marijuana
Interested in Medical Marijuana? Let us help by starting here.
For people interested in medical marijuana near Laurens, we are now offering the service that makes it easy find a recommending doctor near you when they become active. You will also receive updates & news relative to medical marijuana in general. If you are interested please fill out the MMJ registration form below. Legal Residents Only.
Frequently asked questions we receive regarding CBD, THC, Weed & Med Cannabis:
I Recently Read An Article That Recreational Weed Was Legal In Laurens, Is This True?
- No. Recreational Marijuana and Recreational Dispensaries Are NOT LEGAL in Laurens, or anywhere in the state – The Article was Fake News.
Are THC Infused edibles allowed in Laurens?
- Marijuana edibles are not legal.
Will CBD, Hemp, or cannabidiol oil make me high?
What is the difference between CBD & THC?
- Psychoactive Vs. Non-Psychoactive. THC creates a euphoric effect due to the way it connects to the bodies endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system has been recently recognized as an important modulatory system in the function of brain, endocrine, and immune tissues. Cannabidiol, or CBD reacts differently and is used with patients that require or prefer non euphoric care.
I see CBD Oils, Edibles, Creams, & Gummies for sale online, in commercials and signs at head shops around town, is this CBD Oil legal in Laurens?
- Hemp CBD oil which is derived from the hemp plant is legal throughout the United States, however to obtain cannabis derived low-THC high-CBD Medicines for medical use, you will need to receive a recommendation from a qualified physician.
Where can I get CBD products?
Is CBD for Pets really a thing?
- Yes, CBD for Dogs, CBD for Cats, and CBD for pets in general is becoming a popular treatment for caring for pets that have arthritis, chronic pain and other ailments. The efficacy and safety of CBD for dogs, cats, and other pets have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The FDA only evaluates foods and drugs, not supplements like these products.
Where can I get CBD for pets?
- You can find CBD for pets online, at some pet stores, and at holistic shops.
- Buy CBD for pets online.
Can I take medical cannabis CBD products only without THC to a Different State?
- Medical marijuana patients may face federal and local charges of transporting marijuana if they cross state lines with the drug. This is true even if the states between which they are traveling allow medical marijuana. Should you need to travel with your marijuana it would be best to contact the state’s Bureau of health to understand the exact laws of the state you are traveling to in order to not risk breaking the law.