How To Get a Marijuana Card in Lacoochee, FL
Florida MedCards are state issued identification cards that enable qualified patients that have been certified for medical marijuana by a recommending MMJ doctor. This allows medical card holders in Lacoochee to legally purchase THC and CBD products for treatment from state licensed dispensaries, or MMTC, in the Great State of Florida. Below walks through the steps on How to Get A Medical Marijuana Card in Lacoochee.
Finding a Qualified Medical Marijuana Doctor
Finding a medical marijuana doctor that you feel comfortable with is especially important. You can look on our doctors near me map, or fill out the MMJ patient registration form below. Your recommending doctor can write an order for 70 days of cannabis with 3 refills. Many Doctors will refill without an in-person visit. Once the 3 refills have been completed, every 210 days, you will need to renew your medical card in person. DOCTORS HAVE TO ADD SMOKABLE TO YOUR RECOMMENDATION. BE SURE TO BRING THAT UP IF THEY DO NOT.
Getting Certified for Medical Cannabis in Florida
In Lacoochee, the easiest way to find a doctor near you to get certified for a marijuana card is to have them find you. We make it easy to connect with a recommending MMJ doctor. You will also receive updates & news related to the cannabis industry in Florida. If you are ready, simply fill out the patient registration form and a clinic representative will contact you. Legal Residents Only Please.
MMJ Patient Registration Form
How to Prepare for a Med Marijuana Consultation
Per Florida law, patients must be 21 years or older to receive a MMJ ID Card. If you are younger than 21, your guardian or caregiver must be at least 21 and certified. You must be seen by a licensed medical cannabis doctor, who will input your information into the OMMU if they qualify you.
Preparing for your appointment can be made easier by forwarding your medical records to your doctor. You must provide a form of photo ID to prove your residency with you when you come in for your scheduled appointment. Because Florida allows seasonal residents, those who live in Florida for at least 31 consecutive days each year, to qualify for medical marijuana, you will need to proof of your residency which can be done through utility bills.
Be prepared to review your past treatments and their effectiveness with your med marijuana doctor during your visit. Your MMJ Doctor may also speak to you about possible dosages and different Florida cannabis strains available, as well as the legal forms of medical cannabis, such as dried smokable flower, marijuana edibles, THC and CBD oils, concentrate syringes, concentrates, topical’s, and vape pens with cartridges.
Qualifying for MMJ in Lacoochee
Medical card doctors recommend marijuana for a list of qualifying condition as well as any other they deem medical cannabis would help.
- Chronic Pain
- Crohn’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- A diagnosed terminal condition
- Medical conditions of the same kind or class as or comparable to those above. This means, it’s up to the doctor in the end to determine if medical marijuana is a viable treatment option for your ailment.
***Any “other chronic, debilitating or other medical condition” that may be alleviated by marijuana “in the professional judgment of a physician.”
Medical Marijuana Card FAQ
Frequently asked questions about medical marijuana, FL Med Cards, CBD, edibles, laws, recreational weed, travel & more:
1. How Much Does a Medical Card Cost to Get In Lacoochee?
- $75 – The Department accepts applications from patients and legal representatives. Patients must be entered into the Medical Marijuana Use Registry by a qualified physician to receive a card. Applications may be submitted online through the Medical Marijuana Use Registry, or mailed to the Office of Medical Marijuana Use.
2. How much does a Recommending Marijuana Doctor near Lacoochee Cost?
- The Average Cost to visit a Certified Ordering Doctor is around $200 for the initial visit and $150 for the follow up visit, which can now be done online using MedCard telemedicine. Some doctors are offering a monthly subscription service between $40 – $90 monthly. This can be much more costly in the long run.
3. How often do I have to see my marijuana doctor?
- Your Doctor can write an order for 70 days of cannabis with 3 refills. Many Doctors will refill without an in-person visit. Once the 3 refills have been completed (210 days) you will need an in-office visit with your Doctor for another renewal.
4. My Florida Medical Marijuana Card Has Expired. How to get a Renewal?
- To maintain an active Medical Marijuana Use Registry identification card, a patient and/or legal representative must annually submit a renewal application, along with the application fee and any required accompanying documents to the department forty-five (45) days prior to the card expiration date.
5. Are there local dispensaries open near Lacoochee?
- Yes, there are over 250 dispensaries open throughout Florida. You can find them on our near me map, or visit FLDispensaries.com for all thing related to the Florida marijuana market.
6. How long does it take to get a medical marijuana card?
- According to a recent release from the state’s Office of Medical Marijuana Use, paper applications were processed in about 23 days, and online applications took about 17 days. Patients can use the e-mail approval from the state temporarily while waiting for their med card in the mail. This typically shows up 10 days after the doctors approval.
7. Can I Smoke Weed in Lacoochee Once Qualified?
- Yes – If your Doctor approves you for smokable method of delivery.
8. Can I Take My Medical Marijuana to a Different State?
- No. According to current laws patients who obtain a medical card should use medical marijuana in Florida only. Medical marijuana patients may face federal and local charges of transporting marijuana if they cross state lines with the drug. This is true even if the states between which they are traveling allow medical marijuana. Should you need to travel with your marijuana it would be best to contact the state’s Bureau of health to understand the exact laws of the state you are traveling to in order to not risk breaking the law.
9. I see CBD Oils, Edibles, Topicals, and Gummies for sale on commercials, the internet and signs at smoke shops near Lacoochee. Are these CBD products legal?
- Hemp based CBD Oils, Edibles, Topicals, & Gummies are legal in Lacoochee, however, to obtain Cannabis derived CBD oil, you will need be issued a medical marijuana card from a recommending physician.
10. Will CBD, or cannabidiol oil get me high?
- No. CBD is a product that has no THC if derived from hemp and very little if derived from cannabis. THC is the chemical compound that creates the “high”. CBD products are available for patients that need non-euphoric treatment.
11. Is CBD for Pets really a thing?
- Yes, CBD for dogs, cats, pets in general is becoming a popular treatment for caring for pets that have arthritis, chronic pain and other ailments. The efficacy and safety of CBD for dogs, cats, and other pets have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The FDA only evaluates foods and drugs, not supplements like these products.
12. How Much Should I consume?
- You should always consult with a Florida marijuana certified physician before using and that doctor will set the course of treatment.
If you have any further questions after reading this check out the full Florida MedCard Guide.