[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″ fullwidth=”on” _builder_version=”3.0.47″ custom_padding=”0|0px|0px|0px|false|false” next_background_color=”#000000″][et_pb_fullwidth_code _builder_version=”3.0.105″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” text_orientation=”center”]Home » MedCard » [/et_pb_fullwidth_code][et_pb_fullwidth_image src=”https://medmarijuanacard.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/SCHOW2.jpg” _builder_version=”3.3.1″ /][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section bb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″ custom_padding=”38px|0px|0px|0px” prev_background_color=”#000000″][et_pb_row custom_padding=”0px|0px|0px|0px” _builder_version=”3.0.47″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.19″ text_font=”Georgia||||||||” border_radii=”on|0px|0px|0px|0px”]
How To Get A Medical Marijuana Card In South Carolina 
The Complete Guide
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.19″ text_font=”Georgia||||||||” text_text_color=”#000000″ border_radii=”on|0px|0px|0px|0px”]
MedCards in South Carolina
SC – A marijuana card, or MMJ card is a state issued ID card. As a resident of South Carolina, this 2019 guide will take you through the process on how to get a medical marijuana card. Currently there is not a path to legal medical cannabis in South Carolina. Legislation that gained momentum in 2017 known as the South Carolina Compassionate Care Act would have set rules for Medical Marijuana failed to make it to the House Floor before recess, however three separate bills failed to be considered by the House & Senate in 2017.
If you would like to help the medical marijuana movement in SC, please contact your Elected Representatives and let them know where you stand on the issue of Medical Marijuana.
Med Marijuana Cards in S. Carolina
What are the South Carolina Medical Cannabis Card Costs?
- Not Yet Established
How much does a Recommending Marijuana Doctor in South Carolina Cost?
- There are not active MMJ doctors in SC. Average visits to recommending marijuana doctors in active states vary. Typically between 150-300 for an initial visit & 100-200 for follow up visits.
How often do I have to see my Doctor?
- To Be Determined
How Long Is a South Carolina Marijuana Card Good?
- To Be Determined, however in most states medical cards are valid for 1 year.
My Sorth Carolina Medical Marijuana Card has Expired. How to get a Renewal?
- To Be Determined
Once I have my MMJ card, where can I buy marijuana?
Once I have my SC MMJ card, can I grow my own marijuana?
- To Be Determined
What do I need to do if I change my address or other information changes?
- To Be Determined
Where can I find a South Carolina marijuana doctor near me?
There currently are no med marijuana doctors in S Carolina. When doctors do become active recommending CBD Oils and THC as treatment for medical conditions, our doctors maps or Carolina Dispensaries are great places to find marijuana doctors in SC.
What happens if I lose my card?
- To be determined
The information on my card is wrong or outdated. How do I correct it?
- To be determined
Can I alter or laminate my card?
- To be determined
Does the state publish a list of certified marijuana doctors?
Other Important Information on the South Carolina Medical Marijuana License Process
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_image src=”https://medmarijuanacard.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/SCQC.jpg” align=”center” _builder_version=”3.3.1″ box_shadow_style=”preset2″ /][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.19″ text_text_color=”#000000″]
South Carolina Qualifying Conditions
South Carolina Debilitating Conditions List
What are the Qualifying Debilitating Conditions Required to Receive Medical Marijuana in South Carolina?
- To Be Determined
Below are examples of Qualified Conditions in other states that may qualify patients in SC when medical marijuana is approved.
- Positive status for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Muscular dystrophy
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Chronic pancreatitis
- Spinal cord injury or disease
- Traumatic brain injury
- Parkinson’s disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome
- A severely debilitating or terminal medical condition or its treatment that has produced at least one of the following:
- Elevated intraocular pressure
- Chemotherapy-induced anorexia
- Wasting syndrome
- Agitation of Alzheimer’s disease
- Severe pain that has not responded to previously prescribed medication or surgical measures or for which other treatment options produced serious side effects, constant or severe nausea, moderate to severe vomiting, seizures, or severe, persistent muscle spasms
- Moderate to severe chronic pain.
- Moderate or severe post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_tabs _builder_version=”3.3.1″][et_pb_tab title=”Patient Registration” _builder_version=”3.3.1″]
Get Pre-Registered for Medical Cannabis In South Carolina:
Interested in Medical Marijuana? Stay Updated by Starting Here.
For potential medical marijuana patients in SC this service that makes it easy to connect with a certified recommending doctor. You will also receive updates & news relative to the medical marijuana program. If you are interested in medical cannabis, please fill out the MMJ patient registration form and a clinic representative contact you once medical marijuana is legal as available. Legal Residents Only.
S. Carolina Medical Marijuana Patient Pre-Registration
[/et_pb_tab][et_pb_tab title=”Doctor Registration” _builder_version=”3.3.1″]
***South Carolina Doctor & Physician Clinics Only***
Want to help more patients? To have your clinic or doctors practice added to our nationwide network please fill out the registration form below.
[/et_pb_tab][et_pb_tab title=”Related Links” _builder_version=”3.3.1″]Contact your Elected Represenatives and let them know where you stand on the issue of Medical Marijuana
CBD For Pets
[/et_pb_tab][/et_pb_tabs][et_pb_image src=”https://medmarijuanacard.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/SC-FAQ650.jpg” align=”center” _builder_version=”3.9″ box_shadow_style=”preset2″ /][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.3.1″ text_text_color=”#000000″]
Other Frequently Asked Questions About Medical Marijuana
Who Can Use Medical Marijuana?
- This has not been established. as the guidelines are published, they will be online here.
Will CBD, Hemp, or cannabidiol oil make me high?
I see CBD Oils, Edibles, Topicals, & Gummies for sale online, in commercials and signs at head shops around town, is this CBD Oil legal in South Carolina?
- Hemp CBD oil which is derived from the hemp plant is legal throughout the United States, however to obtain flower derived CBD oil for medical use, you will need to receive a recommendation from a qualified physician.
Is CBD for Pets really a thing?
- Yes, CBD for Dogs, CBD for Cats, and CBD for pets in general is becoming a popular treatment for caring for pets that have arthritis, chronic pain and other ailments. The efficacy and safety of CBD for dogs, cats, and other pets have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The FDA only evaluates foods and drugs, not supplements like these products.
Where can I get CBD for pets?
- You can find CBD for pets at pet stores, retail and at holistic shops.
- Get CBD for pets online.
What is the difference between CBD & THC?
- Psychoactive Vs. Non-Psychoactive. THC creates a euphoric effect due to the way it connects to the bodies endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system has been recently recognized as an important modulatory system in the function of brain, endocrine, and immune tissues. Cannabidiol, or CBD reacts differently and is used with patients that require or prefer non euphoric care.
Are THC Infused edibles allowed in South Carolina?
- No forms of MMJ are legal in SC, including marijuana edibles.
Can I Smoke Weed Once Qualified?
- Some legal states allow marijuana to be consumed in smokable forms, some only in vaping which mainly consists of CBD & THC oils. Smoking weed is allowed in states where recreational marijuana use is legal, however check for restrictions under the laws for each recreational state.
Can I take medical cannabis CBD products only without THC to a Different State?
- Medical marijuana patients may face federal and local charges of transporting marijuana if they cross state lines with the drug. This is true even if the states between which they are traveling allow medical marijuana. Should you need to travel with your marijuana it would be best to contact the state’s Bureau of health to understand the exact laws of the state you are traveling to in order to not risk breaking the law.
How can I find a dispensaries in South Carolina?
- There are no open dispensaries in South Carolina. When they get here, Carolina Dispensaries is a good place to start or here on our dispensary pages by clicking the link below.
Can I use Medical Marijuana anywhere after I’m approved by the state?
- Similar to all states, once legislative action is taken, South Carolina medical cannabis card holders have to be responsible. It is important to remember that when smoking in public it may be assumed that you are using it for recreational use which is illegal on a Federal Level. South Carolina medical marijuana card holders are advised to consume their medicine responsibly in the safety of their home or in a private residence.
I Recently Read An Article That Recreational Weed Was Legal In SC, Is This True?
- No. Recreational Marijuana and Recreational Dispensaries Are NOT LEGAL in South Carolina – The Article was Fake News.
How Much Should I consume?
- We are not doctors or physicians. You should always consult with a South Carolina marijuana licensed physician before using medical marijuana in any forms.
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_image src=”https://medmarijuanacard.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/SC-MMJ-Card-Ex500.jpg” show_bottom_space=”off” align=”center” _builder_version=”3.3.1″ box_shadow_style=”preset6″ /][et_pb_comments show_avatar=”off” _builder_version=”3.0.105″ header_font_size_tablet=”51″ header_line_height_tablet=”2″ button_text_size__hover_enabled=”off” button_text_size__hover=”null” button_one_text_size__hover_enabled=”off” button_one_text_size__hover=”null” button_two_text_size__hover_enabled=”off” button_two_text_size__hover=”null” button_text_color__hover_enabled=”off” button_text_color__hover=”null” button_one_text_color__hover_enabled=”off” button_one_text_color__hover=”null” button_two_text_color__hover_enabled=”off” button_two_text_color__hover=”null” button_border_width__hover_enabled=”off” button_border_width__hover=”null” button_one_border_width__hover_enabled=”off” button_one_border_width__hover=”null” button_two_border_width__hover_enabled=”off” button_two_border_width__hover=”null” button_border_color__hover_enabled=”off” button_border_color__hover=”null” button_one_border_color__hover_enabled=”off” button_one_border_color__hover=”null” button_two_border_color__hover_enabled=”off” button_two_border_color__hover=”null” button_border_radius__hover_enabled=”off” button_border_radius__hover=”null” button_one_border_radius__hover_enabled=”off” button_one_border_radius__hover=”null” button_two_border_radius__hover_enabled=”off” button_two_border_radius__hover=”null” button_letter_spacing__hover_enabled=”off” button_letter_spacing__hover=”null” button_one_letter_spacing__hover_enabled=”off” button_one_letter_spacing__hover=”null” button_two_letter_spacing__hover_enabled=”off” button_two_letter_spacing__hover=”null” button_bg_color__hover_enabled=”off” button_bg_color__hover=”null” button_one_bg_color__hover_enabled=”off” button_one_bg_color__hover=”null” button_two_bg_color__hover_enabled=”off” button_two_bg_color__hover=”null” /][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row custom_padding=”-10px|0px|0px|0px” _builder_version=”3.0.105″][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_code _builder_version=”3.0.105″][/et_pb_code][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]