How To Get A Medical Marijuana Card In Tennessee
2018 Complete Guide
As a resident of the state, the process on how to get a Medical Marijuana Card in Tennessee is as follows:
Currently the path to legal MMJ has not been paved yet, it’s actually one small circle with no entrance or exit. The state law allows for High CBD Low THC cannabis oil for seizure patients once SB 280 came into effect. The bill did not address how patients could obtain the CBD oil as it is not produced in Tennessee and crossing state lines would constitute a violation of both State and Federal laws. What it did address is if a patient is caught with oil by Law Enforcement the patient must produce a Dr authorization and proof of where the CBD oil was purchased. The state recently raided several stores selling Hemp based CBD products. These unlicensed dispensaries selling Hemp CBD Oil and other hemp products continue to pop up and seem to close just as fast.
Possession and cultivation of cannabis both remain illegal. Possession of any amount is a misdemeanor, punishable by one year in jail and up to a $2,500 fine. Cultivation of 10 plants or less is a felony, punishable by one to six years in prison and a $5,000 fine, and the penalties increase exponentially for each additional plant being grown.
Votes Mean Jobs
Important Information about Tennessee Marijuana Cards
What are the TN Medical Cannabis Card Costs?
- Not Yet Established
What are Conditions Required to Receive Medical Marijuana in Tennessee?
- High CBD Low THC cannabis oil for seizure patients only at this time.
How Long Is a Marijuana Card Good?
- Not Yet Established, although it is typically 1 year in most legal states.
When My Tennessee Medical Marijuana Card Has Expired, How To Get a Renewal?
- Not Yet Established
Once I have My MedCard, Where Can I Buy Medical Cannabis Products?
- Currently Hemp dispensaries are popping up in the state however they are not state licensed. TNDispensaries.com is an excellent source to find dispensary locations as they open. You can also look for dispensaries near you on our dispensary map here.
- To be determined
The information on my card is wrong or outdated. How do I correct it?
- To be determined
Where can I find a recommending medical marijuana doctor in TN?
- Not Yet Established, however you can check out our doctors to find marijuana doctors in Tennessee as they get going.
Once I have my TN MMJ card can I grow my own marijuana?
- Not Yet Established
Qualifying Conditions for TN MMJ
What are Qualifying Conditions Required to Receive Medical Marijuana in Tennessee?
The law lists debilitating conditions, regardless of the age of the patient to use Low THC CBD Oils:
Below are examples of conditions that qualify patients for medical marijuana in legal states. Some of these may qualify patients when the state approves medical marijuana.
- Positive status for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
- Traumatic brain injury
- Parkinson’s disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Moderate to severe chronic pain.
- Moderate or severe post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Muscular dystrophy
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Chronic pancreatitis
- Spinal cord injury or disease
Get Pre-Registered for Medical Cannabis in TN
Interested in Medical Marijuana? Let us help by starting here.
For people interested in medical marijuana in Tennessee, we are now offering the service that makes it easy find a recommending doctor near you when they become active. You will also receive updates & news relative to medical marijuana in general. If you are interested please fill out the MMJ pre-registration form below and a clinic representative will contact you once medical marijuana is legal as available. Legal Residents Only.
TN Medical Marijuana Pre-Registration Form
***Tennessee Doctor & Physician Clinics Only***
Want to help more patients? To have your clinic or doctors practice added to our nationwide network please fill out the registration form below.
TN Marijuana FAQ’s
Other Frequently Asked Questions About Marijuana:
Will CBD, Hemp, or cannabidiol oil get me high?
How much Cannabidiol Oil can I possess?
- The law does not address how much a qualified person can posess.
What is the difference between CBD & THC?
- Psychoactive Vs. Non-Psychoactive. THC creates a euphoric effect due to the way it connects to the bodies endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system has been recently recognized as an important modulatory system in the function of brain, endocrine, and immune tissues. Cannabidiol, or CBD reacts differently and is used with patients that require or prefer non euphoric care.
I see CBD Oils, Edibles, Creams, & Gummies for sale online, in commercials and signs at shops around town, is CBD Oil legal in Tennessee?
- Hemp CBD oil which is derived from the hemp plant is legal throughout the United States. There have been issues with local retailers and law enforcement tho. The cannabis derived low-THC high-CBD Medicines are only legal in states with an approved medical marijuana program.
Where can I get Hemp Based CBD products online?
Is CBD for Pets really a thing?
- Yes, CBD for Dogs, CBD for Cats, and CBD for pets in general is becoming a popular treatment for caring for pets that have arthritis, chronic pain and other ailments. The efficacy and safety of CBD for dogs, cats, and other pets have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The FDA only evaluates foods and drugs, not supplements like these products.
Where can I get CBD for pets?
- You can find CBD for pets at some pet stores, retail and at specialty shops.
- Buy CBD for pets online.
Can I take My Meds to a Different State if it is legal there?
- No. Medical marijuana patients may face federal and local charges of transporting marijuana if they cross state lines with the drug. This is true even if the states between which they are traveling allow medical marijuana. Should you need to travel with your marijuana it would be best to contact the state’s Bureau of health to understand the exact laws of the state you are traveling to in order to not risk breaking the law.
I Recently Read An Article That Recreational Weed Was Legal In TN, Is This True?
- No. Recreational Marijuana and Recreational Dispensaries Are NOT LEGAL in Tennessee – The Article was Fake News.
Are THC Infused edibles allowed in TN?
- Marijuana edibles is not legal in the state.
What is the punishment for getting caught with weed in Tennessee?
- Possession of any amount is a misdemeanor, punishable by one year in jail and up to a $2,500 fine. Cultivation of 10 plants or less is a felony, punishable by one to six years in prison and a $5,000 fine, and the penalties increase exponentially for each additional plant being grown.
How Much Should I consume?
- We do not give medical advice. You should always consult with a licensed physician before using medical marijuana in any forms.