How to Get A Medical Card in Walters, OK
Congratulations Walters! – Oklahoma State Question 788, the Medical Marijuana Legalization Initiative passed by a margin 57% in favor to 43% opposed on June 26th 2018.
Oklahoma Marijuana Card FAQ’s
Who Can Use Medical Marijuana in Walters?
- All applicants must be eighteen (18) years or older. A special exception will be granted to an applicant under the age of eighteen (18), however these applications must be signed by two (2) physicians and the applicant’s parent or legal guardian.
- All applications for a medical license must be signed by an Oklahoma Board certified physician. There are no qualifying conditions. A medical marijuana license must be recommended according to the accepted standards a reasonable and prudent physician would follow when recommending or approving any medication. No physician may be unduly stigmatized or harassed for signing a medical marijuana license application.
How Much Does an OK Marijuana Card Cost To Get From The State?
- Licenses cost $100 and last two years. Recipients of Medicaid, Medicare, or SoonerCare would pay $20 for a license.
How much does a Recommending Marijuana Doctor cost in Walters?
- Typical costs to see a Doctor are approximately $200 – $300; please note this cost is generally not covered by insurance as Marijuana is still illegal under Federal Law.
How often do I have to see my doctor for a marijuana renewal?
- Every 2 years
How Long Is an Oklahoma Marijuana Card Good?
- 2 years
Once I have my Oklahoma Med Card, where can I buy marijuana?
- The Oklahoma State Department of Health is required to establish rules for dispensaries. Our dispensary map is a good place to start when cannabis dispensaries near Walters open.
Once I have my OK MMJ card, can I grow my own marijuana in Walters?
- Yes – the measure allows for you to Legally possess six (6) mature marijuana plants and Legally possess six (6) seedling plants
What are the penalties if I get caught with weed.
- The new law also adds some protection for medical cannabis patients that don’t go through the step of getting a state-issued medical card. Patients who are caught with 1.5 ounces or less of marijuana and can “state a medical condition” face a misdemeanor offense punishable by no more than a $400 fine.
Where can I find a marijuana doctor near me in OK?
- Any doctor can recommend marijuana for treatment, however not all will. The MedCard doctors map will list participating doctors in Oklahoma.
How much marijuana can I possess legally with an Oklahoma Med Marijuana card?
- People with an Oklahoma marijuana card would be permitted to possess up to 3 ounces of marijuana on their person and 8 ounces, damn that’s a lot of bud, of marijuana in their residence. Home cultivation of six mature plants and six seedlings is allowed, as is possession of up to one ounce of cannabis concentrates and 72 ounces of marijuana-infused edible products. Patients can also designate a caregiver to purchase or grow medicine for them.
Are Edibles allowed in Walters, OK?
- For registered patients possession of up to one ounce of cannabis concentrates and 72 ounces of marijuana-infused edible products.
Walters, OK Debilitating Conditions List
What are the Qualifying Debilitating Conditions Required to Receive Medical Marijuana in Walters?
Under State Question 788, there would be no qualifying conditions, but a doctor would be required to sign according to “accepted standards a reasonable and prudent physician would follow when recommending or approving any medication.” Click the link below for a list of debilitating conditions that have qualified patients in other states.
Get Certified for Medical Marijuana in Walters
For people interested in medical marijuana in Oklahoma, we are now offering the service that makes it easy find a recommending doctor near you when they become active. You will also receive updates & news relative to the OK Med Marijuana Program as well as marijuana in general. If you are interested please fill out the MMJ registration form below and a clinic representative contact you as available. Legal Residents Only.
Frequently asked questions about Cannabidiol, CBD Oils, & Edibles:
What is the difference between CBD & THC?
- Psychoactive Vs. Non-Psychoactive. THC creates a euphoric effect due to the way it connects to the bodies endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system has been recently recognized as an important modulatory system in the function of brain, endocrine, and immune tissues. Cannabidiol, or CBD reacts differently and is used with patients that require or prefer non euphoric care.
I see CBD Oils, Edibles, Topicals, & Gummies for sale online, in commercials and signs at specialty shops around town, is CBD Oil legal Oklahoma?
- Hemp CBD oil which is derived from the hemp plant is legal throughout the United States. That is what is being advertised and sold in stores and online. More & more people are embracing the cannabidiol lifestyle choice and as a dietary supplement. You need a med marijuana card to legally get the cannabis derived low-THC high-CBD medicines from a local dispensary.
Will CBD products or Hemp Oil get me high?
- No. CBD is a product that has no THC if derived from hemp and very little if derived from cannabis and properly manufactured. THC is the chemical compound that creates the “high”. CBD products are available for patients that have a need for non-euphoric treatment.
CBD for Pets, really?
- Yes, CBD for Dogs, CBD for Cats, and CBD for pets in general is becoming a popular treatment for caring for pets that have arthritis, chronic pain and other ailments. The efficacy and safety of CBD for dogs, cats, and other pets have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The FDA only evaluates foods and drugs, not supplements like these products.
Where can I get CBD for pets?
- You can find CBD for pets online, at some pet stores, and at holistic shops.
- Buy CBD for pets online.
I Recently Read An Article That Recreational Weed Was Legal In Walters. Is This True?
- No. Recreational Marijuana and Recreational Dispensaries Are NOT LEGAL in Walters or anywhere else in Oklahoma – These Articles are Fake News.
How Much Should I consume?
- We are not doctors and do not give medical advise. Please consult with an licensed marijuana doctor before using.
Check out our complete guide for Oklahoma marijuana including MedCard Q&A, FAQ’s about cannabis including the laws, recreational, CBD, travel, pricing & doctors.